Sunday, August 4, 2024

The fixed antenna connector was not as fixed as I thought.

 

The above chart is a graph of the ranking of my ADS-B receiver, which I started tracking shortly after I made the fix to the antenna connector.  You can see it steadily improving from the 22nd of March up until around the end of April, where it reached its lowest (best) point.  Something happened there to make it start getting worse, and I'm not entirely sure what.

I've gotten a "real" crimper, and I'll try and replace the connector again and hopefully better this time, but also I'll need to check the software to see if there were any updates in that timeframe.  I'll need to start keeping a closer eye on it, though.

I have noticed a slight improvement in recent days, but we also had a large tree taken down Monday so it's possible that's the source of the improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment